The Diabetes SIP graph is not automatically filtered by the patients with Diabetes.
To review your Diabetes SIP items you need to first filter on Condition = Diabetes.
The filtering is not done automatically as some of the items may be of interest for the wider patient population eg. CHD patients who have not had a BP in the past 6 mths.
Diabetes SIP displays your data as a breakdown of diabetes care items:
- Eye Exam
- BMI < 6mths, BMI 6-12 mths
- Blood pressure (BP) < 6mths, BP 6-12 mths
- Foot Exam < 6mths, Foot Exam 6-12 mths
- Microalbuminuria (Microalbumin and/or ACR)
Please note that CAT4 can't extract all components of a diabetes cycle of care - these items are currently not counted/extracted in the reports and need to be assessed for each patient based on entries in the patient record:
- Physical Activity
- Self Care Education
- Dietician Review
- Medication Review
The data is displayed as:
- Count of Patients with Care Item Recorded in the Last x Months
- Count of Patients with No Care Item Recorded in the Last x Months
- (ie. Items Remaining)
- Count of Items Completed per Patient
where x is the number of months within which an item is required to be recorded (6, 12 or 24 months)
NOTE: Old Extract files did not contain data for BMI, BP and Foot Exam recorded in the last 6-12 months. Where these are loaded CAT4 will display a message to alert the user that the extract file they are viewing does not contain the data elements in the last 6-12mths. The bar segments of the chart for these data elements will always be empty and show 0.