Dementia Patients and Carers
|Knowing the carer for a patient with dementia is important and will assist the practice in their care for the patient|
The number of patients with Dementia who have a carer recorded
CAT Starting Point:
RECIPE Steps Filters:
- In the “Conditions” Tab, under “Mental Health” category, select “Yes" for Dementia
- Click "Recalculate"
- Click ‘Hide Filters’
- Select the "Data Quality/CDSA/Data Completeness" tab
- this will show you a graph with lots of different indicators, we are interested in the "Has a Carer"
- To see the details of the patients double click on the part of the graph of interest - green for recorded, red for not recorded
To Export Patient List to Microsoft Excel:
1. Click on the “Export Icon”at the top of the Patient Reidentification window.
2. Click on “Excel”
3. Choose a file name and a location to save to (eg. Create a folder C:/ClinicalAudit/CAT Patient FollowUp)
4. Click “Save”
The steps above will produce a list of patients with contact details in MS Excel which can then be used to:
1. Go back through the individual patient records in the GP Clinical Desktop System (CDS) and update known records
2. Phone patients to update their record
3. Produce a mail merge to recall patients for follow up