Dementia Patients and DMMR
|To address issues with polypharmacy|
The proportion of patients with Dementia who had a medication review in the previous 12 months
CAT Starting Point:
RECIPE Steps Filters:
- In the “Conditions” Tab, under “Mental Health” category, select “Yes" for Dementia
- In the “Date Range (Results)” Tab select “12 mths" or another date range
- Click "Recalculate"
- Click ‘Hide Filters’
- Select ‘MBS items/Count OR Not Recorded’ tab
- In the example below the "Not Recorded" tab is selected as none of my patients had a DMMR or RMMR claimed in the last 12 months
- Click on the 900 (DMMR) OR 903 (RMMR) part of the graph to select those patients
This will show a list of all patients without the selected MBS item claimed in the past 12 months. The last column will show the date of last claim or just say "not recorded" if it has never been claimed at your practice.
To Export Patient List to Microsoft Excel:
1. Click on the “Export Icon”at the top of the Patient Reidentification window.
2. Click on “Excel”
3. Choose a file name and a location to save to (eg. Create a folder C:/ClinicalAudit/CAT Patient FollowUp)
4. Click “Save”
The steps above will produce a list of patients with contact details in MS Excel which can then be used to:
1. Go back through the individual patient records in the GP Clinical Desktop System (CDS) and update known records
2. Phone patients to update their record
3. Produce a mail merge to recall patients for follow up