Identify all patients eligible for an annual Asthma Cycle of Care
The Asthma Cycle of Care is established as a best practice standard for patient outcomes and management of asthma patients. Service Incentive Payments (SIPs) of $100 per patient are available to practices for completed Asthma Cycles of Care for patients with moderate to severe asthma.
To effectively and timely manage the care of patients with asthma.
CAT Starting Point:
- Under the 'Conditions' tab, choose the 'Chronic' tab, and then select 'Asthma' under the Respiratory section
- Under the 'Date Range (Results)' tab, choose <=12 months, then click 'Recalculate'
Recipe Steps Reports
- Hide Filters
- Select the "MBS Items" tab
- Select the "Not Recorded" tab
- Select the column titled "Asthma COC", and click the Export button in the top right hand corner
This report will show all patients with a coded diagnosis of asthma who haven't had an Asthma Cycle of Care billed in the past 12 months.
To Export Patient List to Microsoft Excel:
1. Click on the “Export Icon”at the top of the Patient Reidentification window.
2. Click on “Excel”
3. Choose a file name and a location to save to (eg. Create a folder C:/ClinicalAudit/CAT Patient FollowUp)
4. Click “Save”
The steps above will produce a list of patients with contact details in MS Excel which can then be used to:
1. Go back through the individual patient records in the GP Clinical Desktop System (CDS) and update known records
2. Phone patients to update their record
3. Produce a mail merge to recall patients for follow up