- Open CAT4 and select an extract that you would like to send to PAT CAT. Please ensure that you select an Extract which does NOT have the text "DEIDENTIFIED" or "DEIDENTIFIED_GTAGGED" in the extract name.
- Open the Tools menu and select Deidentify Dataset
- Press the OK button to confirm you wish to de-identify the extract
- Press the OK button when the Success dialog appears
- Notice that in the extracts panel, a new extract is listed with the text "DEIDENTIFIED" in the name. This is the file that is to be imported into PAT CAT.
More information on the De-identification and G-tagging process can be found in Appendix A.