Find patients with high blood pressure eligible for My Health For Life
My health for life will help people at high risk of developing chronic conditions such as heart disease, stroke and type 2 diabetes make healthy lifestyle changes.
The steps in this recipe show how to identify patients meeting all or most of the eligibility criteria. Further information and resources are available here: https://www.myhealthforlife.com.au/
To identify all patients with no current diagnosis of diabetes, Heart Failure, CVD or chronic kidney disease with high BP who are eligible to be referred to the ‘My Health For Life’ program.
CAT Starting Point:
We provide other recipes showing how to find patients based on a single eligibility criteria on our My Health For Life recipe page here: My Health For Life Recipes
CAT Start screen
RECIPE Steps Filters:
- In the Start Age box type 18 to only show patients older than 18.
- OPTIONAL: In the "General" filter tab click on 'Active (3x in 2yrs)' - as this will only show those patients with at least 3 visits in the last 2 years
- Click on "Conditions" tab under Diabetes select “No”
- Select "No" for Heart Failure
- Select “No” for all conditions listed under the CVD group
- Select “No” for “Chronic Renal Failure”
- Click on the 'Date Range (Results) filter to only show results that have been recorded in a specified date range, in this case in the last 24 months. This will move all patients with results older than 24 months to the 'not recorded' part of the reports and avoids listing patients with old results.
We have now created a filter to find patients older than 18, with no diagnosis of diabetes, Heart Failure, CVD or chronic renal disease and results from the last two years. To apply the filter, click “Recalculate”
- click on the "Measures/BP" tab and then on the '>140/90' part of the graph to select it
You can now click on 'Export' in the top right of the report to see a list of all patients with a BP results above 140/90 in the last two years.