Identify all patients eligible for an annual Diabetes Cycle of Care
The Diabetes Cycle of Care is established as a best practice standard for patient outcomes and management of diabetes patients. Practice Incentive Payments (PIPs) of $35 per patient are available to practices for completed Diabetes Cycles of Care.
To effectively and timely manage the care of patients with diabetes.
CAT Starting Point:
Recipe Steps Reports
- Hide Filters
- Select the "MBS Eligibility" tab
- Select the "Diabetes SIP Eligibility" tab
- Select the segment of the graph titled "Diabetes SIP, not claimed last 12 mths", and click the Export button in the top right hand corner
This report will show all patients with a coded diagnosis of diabetes who haven't had a Diabetes SIP billed in the past 12 months.
To Export Patient List to Microsoft Excel:
1. Click on the “Export Icon”at the top of the Patient Reidentification window.
2. Click on “Excel”
3. Choose a file name and a location to save to (eg. Create a folder C:/ClinicalAudit/CAT Patient FollowUp)
4. Click “Save”
The steps above will produce a list of patients with contact details in MS Excel which can then be used to:
1. Go back through the individual patient records in the GP Clinical Desktop System (CDS) and update known records
2. Phone patients to update their record
3. Produce a mail merge to recall patients for follow up