Dementia Patients and DMMR
|To address issues with polypharmacy|
The proportion of patients with Dementia who had a medication review in the previous 12 months
CAT Starting Point:
|In this recipe the steps describe how to find patients with a MBS item indicating that a medication review was done. By selecting other parts of the graph you can reverse this and find patients without the item claimed.|
RECIPE Steps Filters:
This will show a list of all patients without the selected MBS item claimed in the past 12 months. The last column will show the date of last claim or just say "not recorded" if it has never been claimed at your practice.
To Export Patient List to Microsoft Excel:
1. Click on the “Export Icon” at the top of the Patient Reidentification window.
2. Click on “Excel”
3. Choose a file name and a location to save to (eg. Create a folder C:/ClinicalAudit/CAT Patient FollowUp)
4. Click “Save”
The steps above will produce a list of patients with contact details in MS Excel which can then be used to:
1. Go back through the individual patient records in the GP Clinical Desktop System (CDS) and update known records
2. Phone patients to update their record
3. Produce a mail merge to recall patients for follow up