Identify eligible patients who haven't had a Shingles vaccine
The National Shingles Vaccination Program will provide free shingles vaccination to all people aged 70 years old, with a five-year catch‑up program for people aged 71-79 years old until 31 October 2021. Those who are not eligible for a free vaccine can purchase it with a prescription from their vaccination provider.
Patients aged 70-79 years old who haven't been vaccinated against shingles
CAT Starting Point
Patients aged 70 – 79 years old
In the Filters Pane
Select General tab then under Age enter "70" in the Start Age box and "79" in the End Age box
Click Hide Filter.
In the Reports Pane
Select Immunisations/Adults/Shingles tab. The graph shows the number of patients who are between 70 and 79 years old and their shingles immunisation status.
You can now double click on those patients with "nothing recorded" as they are the ones without the shingles vaccine given at your practice. To further refine this search you can add filters around visits and patient status, i.e. only patients who have visited in the last 12 months or are regular patients.
The patient Reidentify report will show a list of your patients and will allow you to export and/or to create Topbar prompts or send a SMS/Voicemail recall.
To Export Patient List to Microsoft Excel:
1. Click on the “Export Icon”at the top of the Patient Reidentification window.
2. Click on “Excel”
3. Choose a file name and a location to save to (eg. Create a folder C:/ClinicalAudit/CAT Patient FollowUp)
4. Click “Save”
The steps above will produce a list of patients with contact details in MS Excel which can then be used to:
1. Go back through the individual patient records in the GP Clinical Desktop System (CDS) and update known records
2. Phone patients to update their record
3. Produce a mail merge to recall patients for follow up