Identifying Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) patients not on lipid modifiying medication
Biomedical risk factor modification – treat to target. Reducing Risk in Heart Disease guidelines state statin therapy is recommended for all CHD patients (apart from in exceptional circumstances) irrespective of lipid levels.
All active patients currently on your system (active = 3 or more visits in the last 2 years) that have been diagnosed with CHD and are not on any lipid modifying medication.
CAT Starting Point:
*The decision to select either "Active" or "All" patients is left to the practice to make
In the Filters Pane:
1. In the "Conditions" tab select "CHD"
2. In the "Medications" tab under "Medications – Heart" select
- Lipid M/fying - No
3. Click "Recalculate"
4. Click "View Pop"
This will list all patients with CHD not taking lipid modifying medication and their last visit and assigned provider.
To Export Patient List to Microsoft Excel:
1. Click on the “Export Icon”at the top of the Patient Reidentification window.
2. Click on “Excel”
3. Choose a file name and a location to save to (eg. Create a folder C:/ClinicalAudit/CAT Patient FollowUp)
4. Click “Save”
The steps above will produce a list of patients with contact details in MS Excel which can then be used to:
1. Go back through the individual patient records in the GP Clinical Desktop System (CDS) and update known records
2. Phone patients to update their record
3. Produce a mail merge to recall patients for follow up