Patients taking Glucocorticoids who are smokers
|Smoking can cause additional problems for patients taking Glucocorticoids medication|
Identifying all patients who are daily or irregular smokers and are taking Glucocorticoids
CAT Starting Point:
RECIPE Steps Filters:
- In “Conditions” Tab, under “Cardiovascular” category, select “Yes”
- Click "Recalculate"
- Click ‘Hide Filters’
Recipe Steps Reports
- Select ‘Smoking’ tab
- Click on "Daily Smokers" and then on the "Irregular Smokers" part of the graph
This will filter for all active (if selected on the general filter tab) patients that are currently on Glucocorticoids and smoke. There are two ways to target the relevant age groups (for women >= 45 yrs and men >= 50 yrs). You can click on the age groups of interest on the ‘Demographic’ tab in the report pane:
- Then click ‘Report’ on top of your screen:
Or you can use the ‘General’ tab in the filters to apply a filter for female or male clients at the right age. Please note you will have to do this once for females and once for males.
Once you have applied the filter above you can click on ‘View Pop.’ to see all clients you have filtered for.
To Export Patient List to Microsoft Excel:
1. Click on the “Export Icon”at the top of the Patient Reidentification window.
2. Click on “Excel”
3. Choose a file name and a location to save to (eg. Create a folder C:/ClinicalAudit/CAT Patient FollowUp)
4. Click “Save”
The steps above will produce a list of patients with contact details in MS Excel which can then be used to:
1. Go back through the individual patient records in the GP Clinical Desktop System (CDS) and update known records
2. Phone patients to update their record
3. Produce a mail merge to recall patients for follow up