Identify all active stroke/TIA patients who are eligible for a General Practice Management Plan
Good care planning after discharge is crucial for successful reintegration into the community1. All stroke/TIA patients should be on a GP Management Plan
Identify all active stroke/TIA patients who would benefit from a GP Management Plan and never had a plan billed at your practice
CAT Starting Point:
*The decision to select either "Active" or "All" patients is left to the practice to make
1 National Stroke Foundation. Clinical Guidelines for Stroke and TIA Management: A guide for general practice, pp4, 2008.
In the Filters Pane:
1. In the "Conditions" tab select "Stroke" – Yes
2. Click "Recalculate"
3. In the "MBS Eligibility " tab you can find a number of bars reporting the patients who never had a GPMP/TCA and or the related reviews
4. Click on the bar most relevant for your search, either 'never claimed' or those patients without a review for the 721/723 items
4. Click "Export"
This provides the practice with a list of those stroke/TIA patients who have not had an item 721 or 723 claimed at this practice.
To Export Patient List to Microsoft Excel:
1. Click on the “Export Icon”at the top of the Patient Reidentification window.
2. Click on “Excel”
3. Choose a file name and a location to save to (eg. Create a folder C:/ClinicalAudit/CAT Patient FollowUp)
4. Click “Save”
The steps above will produce a list of patients with contact details in MS Excel which can then be used to:
1. Go back through the individual patient records in the GP Clinical Desktop System (CDS) and update known records
2. Phone patients to update their record
3. Produce a mail merge to recall patients for follow up
This CAT Recipe was submitted by
National Stroke Foundation
and supports their Clinical Guidelines for Stroke
and TIA Management: A guide for general practice, 2008.