My health for life is an evidence-based behaviour change program designed to create sustained healthy habits and reduce the risk of chronic conditions such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease and stroke. The program has a range of offerings, including small group sessions in patients’ local communities, telephone health coaching or video sessions. It is delivered through trained health professionals (e.g. dietitians and exercise physiologists) skilled and motivated to support patients in making and sustaining change.
The program is designed to complement current care provided by general practitioners and other health professionals. It is a practical extension of the advice given by health professionals to their patients, allowing participants to understand their health risks better and develop longer-term, sustainable health goals. General Practitioners and other health professionals will be kept informed of their patient’s progress, completing the care cycle. Health professionals are a critical part of the My health for life program, and we look forward to building strong, professional relationships while contributing to your patients’ overall care.
You can find more information on the My Health For Life website.
Pen CS has created a number of recipes to help general practices to identify patients eligible for the My health for Life program. We have created various recipes for individual patients at risk as there are multiple eligibility criteria. One recipe shows only those patients with all risk factors to enable those patients to be referred first.
- Find high risk patients eligible for My Health For Life
- Find indigenous patients eligible for My Health For Life
- Find patients eligible for My Health For Life with high CV Event risk
- Find patients with familial hypercholesterolaemia eligible for My Health For Life
- Find patients with high blood pressure eligible for My Health For Life
- Find patients with high cholesterol eligible for My Health For Life
Here is a flowchart of the eligibility criteria:
Complete referral via the following options:
• Medical practice software
o Available in Medical Director and Best Practice medical practice software as “My Health for Life Referral” template
o Available to download from My Health For Life - Our Community - Health Professionals page (for other medical practice software)
• Editable/printable pdf referral form
And send/return via:
• Fax: 07 3506 0909
• Medical Objects: My Health for Life FM4064000RY