How to find patients that may be eligible for the Life! program referral using elements of the AUSDRISK tool
Help practices identify patients who can be recommended for AUSDRISK and are eligible for the Life! program
CAT Starting Point
In the Filter pane:
1. Under 'General' tab, select 'Active Patients (3x < 2 years)'
2(a). Enter '45' in the Start Age box under 'Age' for general population
2(b). For Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander enter '30' in the Start Age box and in 'Ethnicity' tab select 'Indigenous'
3. Under 'Risk Factors' tab, select 'Smoking'
4. Click on the 'Recalculate' button to apply these filters.
Click Hide Filter.
In the Reports Pane:
1. Under 'Measures' Report, select 'BMI' tab and select 'Overweight', 'Obese' and 'Morbid'
2. Select 'BP' tab, select '>140/90'
3.Click on 'Report' button to see the list of patients meeting the criteria for Life! Referral
(If applicable, add a 'Cholesterol' measure from 'Pathology' report before step 3)
4. Save or print the patient list or send the list a SMS/Voicemail Recall from 'Patient Reidentification' window
Create a prompt to display in Topbar
Remember you need to be in the CAT4 Daily View to be able to create prompts. Other pre-requisites are:
- Topbar is installed
- CAT is linked to Topbar via Edit/Preferences/Topbar - check here for details: Linking CAT to Topbar
To start click on the 'Daily View' icon on the top of your CAT screen:
Once you have applied the filter(s) and displayed the patients of interest as described above, you can create a prompt that will be shown to all clinicians using Topbar if a patient meeting the prompt criteria is opened in their clinical system.