Identify patients with Allergy or Smoking Status NOT recorded
Recording of allergy and smoking status is a quality initiative in general practice and there are practice accreditation measures around these measurements.
>= 90% active population with allergy and smoking status recorded
CAT Starting Point:
- Click the 'Recalculate' icon in the top right corner to apply the 'active (3x in 2yrs)' filter if selected. This will remove all patients that have less than 3 visits in the previous 2 years recorded at your clinic.
- In the reports pane select the 'Allergies' tab and click on the 'nothing recorded' slice of the graph
- Click 'Export' on the top right of the graph window
- This will show a list of all patients with no allergy status recorded.
This will list all active (if selected on the general filter tab) patients that have no allergy status entered.
To Export Patient List to Microsoft Excel:
1. Click on the “Export Icon” at the top of the Patient Reidentification window.
2. Click on “Excel”
3. Choose a file name (eg. Allergy_Not_Recorded_Date.xls) and a location to save to (eg. Create a folder C:/ClinicalAudit/CAT Patient FollowUp)
4. Click “Save”
The steps above will produce a list of patients with contact details in MS Excel which can then be used to:
1. Go back through the individual patient records in the GP Clinical Desktop System (CDS) and update known records
2. Phone patients to update their record
3. Produce a mail merge to recall patients for follow up